Old LD discussion (sorry)

Hi all,

I know that this is -really- late in regards to the list. (just got back
to reading it after last November's trip) but a stray idea I had would
be for riders in LD to write, in ink, on their card exactly when they
plan on finishing. The person who matches their time most closely would
then get the award for 'best time'. This way if someone wants to do a
2:20 25 miler and another person wants to take 4:05 because they are
briging back an injured horse, it is purely up to their skill to match
their -own- projected time. (I think this would be fun for the folks who
can't do the 50's but want the competition of AERC)

Ann Olson
>and no fair watching the stopwatch while standing in front of the
finish line :) <