Re: Trail Blazer Articles

In a message dated 98-04-10 18:10:08 EDT, PLOUGH1@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< I must admit I'm a bit unclear on the recovery days.  He says recovery
 days are not days with no work, but not more than 1/3 of the total
 weeks' work.  So how many days of no work (and being in pasture) is
 allowed between work and recovery days in this scenario?  Or did I miss
 something? Tom, if you are reading this stuff, should a horse be allowed
 any time of NO WORK in your conditioning schedule? (once again, pasture,
 not stall).

 Kimberly  >>

Well, I'm talking, in TB, about a pretty serious conditioning protocol that
probably isn't necessary to win many rides at this time. But a strong
conditioning protocol typically gives one day off per week--for the benefit of
the humans. You can also give time off at any point where you think it will do
the horse some good. Otherwise, keep the pressure on until it's time to taper
back for competition.

ti