Re: Leaving after a ride

<< 2) We have gone to a good deal of effort to present an excellent meal, a
 pleasant ambience, and nice awards with which to recognize their
 accomplishments. It is depressing to see trailers pulling out in droves. I
 feel like a hostess who is giving a party and nobody wants to come. >>

    I have a good friend, big-time trail rider here in Michigan, goes to all
the organized trail rides, who wanted to try endurance a couple of years ago,
because, like me, she likes to ride fast, and far.  She tried it, and liked
the actual ride itself.  But it only took her a couple rides for her to go
back to plain old trail riding for good, and this was one of the big reasons
she quit . . . she said that instead of the marvelous camp camaradere' after
the days ride, as she'd come to enjoy at the trail rides, everyone loaded up
and pulled out, and left a mighty empty camp there at night.
    Don't know about other states, but one thing you hear alot of the
endurance people in Michigan say is how we need to attract more people to this
sport.  Might be something to think about . . .

Trish & "pretty David" (who says, PLEASE stay at the camp and entertain Trish
folks . . . if you get her drunk enough, maybe she'll skip the next days ride
. . .)