Re: Shock Tamer Pads

I have been using shock tamers for several years, especially on the
front feet.  I have never had any problems with them cousing loose
shoes.  I only use the rim pad type until about 2 weeks before Tevis,
then I put on full pads all the way around.  This is to protect from the
rocks on that ride.
As for the shock absorption, they claim that the shock tamers absorb
quite a bit and that the pads don't lose that absorption as they get
used.  I get a couple of uses out of each pad.
I don't know much about another kind of pad, as I have not used them.
The shock tamers seem to work and stay on well.  By shoer does take some
extra steps to make sure the shoe does not go any where like clips.

Tony & Rocky