Re: Leaving after a ride

For you ride managers that go to the trouble to put on a nice award dinner
and presentation, keep it up.  Our club, REER, has always had an awards
banquet after the ride with the exception of one that used to be labeled No
Load (that's changed too).  Even though many of us live close, almost
everyone stays for the dinner and awards.  That way most of the horses have
had at least several hours to rest up.  Our ride vets always stay too.  I
think we tend to stay for the dinner and awards because it has become a
tradition and part of the fun.  It hasn't been only for the awards, because
they have varied from not much to really nice.  We keep trying to improve.
I've been to quite of few rides this last year and I really didn't realize
that everyone didn't do things the same way we did.  Some were similar
(Mustang Classic, Flatwoods 50, Lake Sonoma, Diablo Vista, Lassen Challenge
to name a few), but I couldn't understand why some didn't.  It couldn't
have been the money, because these were large rides.  When it's a small
ride and we can't afford a full meal, we either pot luck or the club
furnishes the main meal and we pot luck the rest.

Gail Hought(&Shaq)
hought@humboldt1.com

http://www.hought.com