Re: Leaving after ride

In a message dated 98-04-10 10:22:08 EDT, reshan@deyr.ultranet.com writes:

<<  It's hard on the ride vet to be asked to stay over--at least in my
 case--I lose money every time I vet a ride. If I had to spend another night
 away, I couldn't afford it. >>

Whether or not I stay over depends on the ride distances--100's I stay over,
50's I do not, 75's depends on the ride.  I have to charge more accordingly.
Again, though, in our area (as in Dr. Newell's area), it is not difficult to
find a decent equine vet within 30 or 40 miles of most of our rides.  (We have
something like a dozen rides within a 100-mile radius of Bend, Oregon.)

Heidi Smith, DVM