Re: Mare's milk

I've had the same situation - my mare was 'exposed' to a stallion
accidentally and then later developed a bit of a bag. Turned out that she
was NOT pregnant though. My vet said that it was fairly normal for older
mares who have had foals in the past to 'bag up' a little bit in the
spring. I even have a friend who has not had a child in 10 yrs, but still
produces a small amount of milk! I would watch the mares VERY CAREFULLY for
any changes though....

Stephanie Wind
Vic - what do you mean 'they aren't supposed to bred'?!
Tucson, AZ