Re: hats

Just another story to add to the "for hats" column:
Last summer I was at a clinic jumping and tried to go over a jump which was
too high.  In the process I fell off coming over the jump and received a
concussion.  I forgot everything for over two hours which scared me to
death.  Couldn't remember where I was, why I was there, etc...
Finally after those couple of hours, it was like a lightbulb turned on and I
remembered everything except getting back off the course and into the barn
area.  I still don't remember that.
The lady I was with hauled me into the doctor and he said that I was OK and
too have my husband just watch me close.
The moral?:  I was wearing my helmet and the doctor said it saved me from
serious injury.  I was showing my husband and found a six-inch split up the
back/left side of the helmet.  That could have been my head.
I wear my helmet EVERY time, even when my friends who ride western make fun
of me.
I sure wish that western riding clubs, etc. would promote the safety issue.
Thanks,
Carrie
Ogden, UT