Re: Open mouth syndrome

     Sue, I had a mare that did this on training and endurance rides.
She reminded me of someone that would breathe thru their mouth because
they could not get enough air thru their nose.
    I finally sold her as a pleasure horse because I was concerned she
was not getting enough air.  Vet check only revealed a slightly enlarged
thyroid, whch I believe is in the throat latch area and not sure if was
an obstruction.  I would also like to know what the cause was but felt
it did hamper her.    Linda
 P.S. she did this without bit on lunge line etc. so was not bit
avoidance

Linda Eisele & Sareei and
hubby, Allen & LS Iceman
& the young LS Lakota