Re: changing leads

In a message dated 98-04-04 17:59:22 EST, grs@theneteffect.com writes:

<<  I think this is much better than my
 former method of changing every mile or so. >>

Was interested to hear Donna Snyder-Smith comment on this recently--she
contends that the frequent changes upset the breathing rythm, and recommends
going further between changes.  Main point is to just try to be on one
approximately half of the time and on the other approximately half of the
time.  Likewise with the leads at a canter.  Makes sense by my own
experiences, too.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)