Re: Tying to trailer

Karen,
When you tie a horse with enough length so that his nose touches the
ground, the horse can not only hang one or both front feet, but catch
the rope under the trailer itself and cause quite a wreck.

I would suggest securing a bunge cord in a loop on you trailer ring then
tying the lead rope to the bunge cord loop. Make the loop long enough so
that when the horse pulls hard he can reach his water or feed. Then when
the horse lifts his head the bunge pulls the slack out of the rope.

Personally, what I do is; Tie a picket line from my trailer to a
friend's trailer. Using nylon cord. The cord has a large (used) cinch
ring on it which I tie the lead rope to. I hang the hay bag on my
trailer and set a big tub of water on the ground. If you don't want your
horse to walk up and down the line, than tie the ring using the cord in
a stationary position.

Hope this is of some help,
Penny (NM)