Re: unruly riders

Hi, Jim--

I believe there is a clause about "unsportsmanlike behavior" but haven't read
the rules in awhile.  I do know that management or the vet can pull a rider
for just about anything that they can justify, and will be backed up by the
BOD.  I have pulled one rider for horse abuse, and I attended a ride last
summer where the management pulled the first two horses in on the 50 because
they continued to race out of control past the finish line, around a hairpin
turn, and straight through camp, where they mowed down a rider who was waiting
to start a sub-LD "novice" ride, sending her to the hospital with a
concussion.  (The finish line was wisely placed about a quarter of a mile out
of camp for safety reasons because of the hairpin turn going into camp.)  As
managers and vets realize that they can do this, I think you may see more of
this in the future.  (I hope so.)

Heidi