CTR in AERC?

    Why does AERC need to change anything concerning a minimum ride time for
Limited Distance.  It sounds like there are already several CTR organizations
around that one could start a young horse in if one decided to choose that
method of distance riding.  It sounds like many subscribers to Ridecamp do
that right now.  Unfortunately, it sounds like some people on this list would
like to FORCE a certain type of distance riding/style of conditioning on other
riders.   Just because someone is new to the sport or starting a new horse
doesn't mean their horses need to be protected by a minimum time.  It seems
like such an arrogant attitude by those who choose to start their young horses
in CTR and seem to think it's the only correct way to start young horses and
"protect" them.  Don't get me wrong...CTR is a great choice for some horses
and a fun way to ride but I want to keep it as an option not a requirement for
distance riding.
    Did you ever think that if you change the format of LD to CTR you may
encourage rides to be held that are NOT SANCTIONED under AERC?  Do you really
think that all the people that ride and only want to ride LD will want to
switch to a CTR format?  A change like this could really encourage short rides
to be held without sanctioning -- someone will put on these events if there is
money to be made and from many recent posts -- entry fees from LD rides
support the longer distance rides.   There are non sanctioned rides that take
place now ... there are 25 mile practice rides at some R&Ts and some
Triathlons and Biathlons  hold 25 mile and shorter practice rides.  (The non
sanctioned events I have attended have used most of the AERC standards.)
     I really think if you change AERC LD to a CTR format you will do more
harm than good by creating a need for 25 mile events to be held that are not
sanctioned by AERC.  These young horses will now have no safeguards at these
non sanctioned rides except the common sense of their riders.   Of course,
this is just my opinion.