Re: Chondroitin sulfate - dosage

See a recently published article by Mike Plumb. They did tests and you need
to have 15 grams of Chondroitin and 7,500 mg of Gags per day to make any
noticable differance. I have arthritic, operated on knees and take 1500 mg
CS and 1500 ms gags daily. Since a rule of thumb is 10 times the human dose
for horses this Mike Plumb figures make a good deal of sense to me. Just for
info purposes the usual rule is / 18 yhe horse dose for dogs. But, this is
VERY expensive for me and my horse. if you only take one gags is the one to
take. It is the healer. CS maintains a healthy sinovial fluid level. If i
drop the gags I notice it.

At 10:46 PM 4/2/98 -0500, you wrote:
>OK.  I bought three cans of CS to compare.  Here is the analysis for those
>interested.  I would sure appreciate feedback from some of you more
>knowledgeable people with regards to which is best.
>Do some of these work and others not?  I have a cat on PET FLEX who is 16.
>Amazing difference in her.  I never thought about her being arthritic; she
>just never moved much and we called her our "zombie cat". Weighing in at
>probably TWO pounds, she probably gets a pretty major overdose. Now she
>jumps up on things and is much friskier.   I have two horses on it, one
>arthritic in hocks, one not.  Don't know if this stuff works or not on
>them.  Here goes:   All from Jeffers Vet Supply.
>
>  Brand        CS/ounce Price/pound  Other Ingredients
>1.  EQUI-FLEX   3000mg  $18.95       D-Glucuronic Acid-350mg, Superoxide
>                                Dismutase-200mg, Mn Ascorbate (3
>              types)182.4mg, 150mg, 32mg.
>
>2.  CORTA-FLX   3000mg  $17.95       This calls CS mucupolysaccharides.
>                                     Same thing?
>
>3.  SUPER-FLX   2500mg  $8.98        see below
>
>Listed ingredients:
>Equi-flex:  CS-A, CS-B, CS-C, D-Glucuronic Acid, Superoxide Dismutase,
>Manganese Ascorbate, Alfalfa Meal, Calcium Silicate, Vegetable Oil, Natural
>Flavorings.
>
>Corta-Flx:  Grain Products, Roughage Products, Calcium Carbonate, Mineral
>Oil, CS, Glucosamine Sulfate, Superoixide Dismutase, Manganese Ascorbate,
>Sulfur, Magnesium Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Alanine,
>Histidine, Methionine, Phenylalanine, Serine, Glycerine, and Yucca
>Schiderga (a natural flavoring agent)
>
>Super-Flx:  Grain Products, Roughage Products, Calcium Carbonate, Mineral
>Oil, Muccopolysaccharides(CS), Manganese Ascorbate, Sulfur, Magnesium
>Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin E Supplement, Alanine, Histidine,
>Methionine, Phenylalnine, Serine, Yucca Schiderga(a natural flavoring
>agent) and artificial flavoring added.
>
>This is how it is written (excepts typos!) but I substituted CS for
>Chondroitin Sulfate.
>
>Louise Burton
>Firedance Farms Endurance Arabians
>Oklahoma

Dolores
Braken Schips / Entwoond Racing Siberians - Morgans Too!
"Authority without domination, Love without subservience, Respect without fear"