Re: LD vs Endurance

In a message dated 98-04-02 12:02:53 EST, aorr@GPS.com writes:

<< An endurance ride is testing the
 horses endurance NOT the riders endurance! >>

Very well put, Angie.  I applaud all the riders who do LD for whatever reason,
but the center of attention here is the HORSE, and as I have said time and
time again, LD's are for people.  There isn't a sound horse out there that
cannot become reasonably fit and do 50's, given proper management, but there
are PEOPLE out there who need LD's for lots of very legitimate reasons.  We
love you, we welcome you, and if you are a novice (rather than handicapped or
otherwise personally limited) we hope you will learn and gain confidence from
your LD's so that you can eventually do endurance rides.

Heidi