Re: AERC News

NEW AERC EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR CHOSEN

Lari Shea's daughter, Kyala, a.k.a. Ky, successfully hacked into the
Endurance Net list serve for the AERC Board of Directors that Steph
Teeter maintains. The following information was gleaned from their
discussions.

After interviews held by the Selection Committee on Friday and Sat. in
Auburn, committee members were equally divided between three candidates.
The committee asked Maryben Stover to intercede as a mediator and break
the ties. It is Robert Gunter of Virginia. Robert owns two Brier horses
and happens to be the new fiance of Danielle Kanavy.

Upon acceptance of the position, Robert, age 25, presented the Board
with a proposal he developed with the American Sport Horse Association
and endorsed by AHSA and USET.  Under the terms of this proposal AERC
would receive $200,000 a year for horse studies and the Sport Horse
Association would become the association and voice for endurance riding
in America.  The Board of AERC is currently divided 60%/40% in favor of
the proposal and it appears that it will pass in a special Board vote
today. The American Sport Horse Association press release stated "Within
the next month we will add and recognize the Limited Distance events to
our data base and base future awards on Limited Distance statistics to
better encourage new endurance riders to the sport. We will include
prize monies as a sanctioning requirement."  Robert will be making
$65,000 a year as the new head of the endurance committee under the
Sport Horse Association.

Maryben's tie breaking choice was motivated by the candidate's desire to
do a ride and tie with her in the future. No fooling.

Steve Shaw