Cinch's

I have used orthoflex neoprene cinch's for quite a few years and have had
good luck with them , that is until I started riding a new horse . Last
summer at a 5 day ride on the 4th day I noticed a small area that was
starting to scald him in the girth area. I decided that it was probably my
fault and that I had cinched him to tight . Then again it happened on a 50
mile ride , and again on a training ride . Has anyone else had this problem
with neoprene ? And has anyone tried the professional choice neoprene cinch
, as it looks to be not as much bulk as the orthoflex ? I also went from
riding a grey to riding a black arab , do you think that the color would
make a difference ?
                                     Drin & Bo
                              Southwest , Mt.