Re: entering rides

In a message dated 98-03-30 17:06:09 EST, willard@eagleut.com writes:

<< As of this date, I have only received one flyer and when I called the
person
 in charge was told that I could enter at the ride.
 Is this standard procedure?  Do you normally just enter when you arrive or
 do you need to pre-enter?  >>

Depends on where you are and on the individual ride.  If unsure, you are doing
the right thing to contact the ride manager.  If they say enter at the ride,
that's what they are expecting riders to do.  In our area, very few ride
managers take pre-entries (me included) because we are too busy to process
them pre-ride and we have help to take entries on ride day.  Much easier for
us.  In California, pre-entries seem to be much more the norm--I get calls for
entry forms all the time from my California riders.  Managers there say it is
often due to the fact that they have space limitations, etc.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)