"unwritten rules"

In a message dated 98-03-29 16:24:32 EST, eglaser@bigbasin.com writes:

<<  Folks, it is unwritten endurance
 etiquette that one yeilds their place in line to riders who are on a hold
 when one is only waiting for a completion check.  >>

For those of us new to endurance... and some of the more experienced "rude"
folks too I'd guess....  how are we to learn of these "unwritten rules"...
until now...
I had never heard of the "unwritten rules"  that everyone is supposed to
know...
Thank You for educating me ... now I know...
 It would help if someone (ride management maybe) at the ride meeting would
just briefly mention these "well known facts of life" so that if there is
someone out there that is "clueless" to how everyone is expected to behave...
they are at least given fair warning...
Thank You...