The Picture of Courtesy

A few seasons ago ( you know you are an endurance rider when you mark your
calendar by the beginning of RIDE SEASON), my husband dismounted to water our
stallion halfway through the Pendleton Challenge. As he put his foot in the
stirrup to remount, a battalion of Marines came jogging around the corner of
the trail SINGING at the TOP of their lUNGS!  Our stallion went "tally-ho!!!"
and took off, leaving my hubby on his derriere on the ground. Well As the
spouse took off at a jog after his ride home, he saw the boy disappear into
the distance. Later, we found out that Randy Coleman spotted thi chestnut
horse grazing a mile or so out of the next vet check. So he very KINDLY ponied
him in for us - off of his MARE! He had NO IDEA!

Well, later I asked him if he had any trouble with our boy and he said, "well,
he popped up and down a little at first, but then he was fine". When I pointed
to the outdoor plumbing and chuckled, he about fell over! Didn't know he was
dealing with a male person! What a great guy! Next time he will look for the
plumbing!
sandy