Perhaps your assumption is wrong

<< Let me give just a few examples of the 'treatment' or 'attitude' I have
experienced while doing limited distance rides here in California:

 >	the first ride I did with my daughter we were at a water tank, each of us
on opposite sides and our horses 'were' drinking, in comes a greater distance
rider at a fast pace who allowed her horse to literally plow into my daughters
horse, almost knocking them down, without even muttering so much as a 'gee
sorry'.  whether we were limited distance or not, that was extremely poor
manners.

 >	many times we have been going along a single track trail to hear "50
coming" yelled at us from behind, like where in hell should we move to to let
the 'fabulous 50' go by?  if you don't or can't move over instantly riders
with this attitude will ride your horses tail until they can shove you over.

 >	coming in to a vet check at base camp on a 30 where there were no other
horses/riders waiting, not even a 50 miler, to have the 2 vets continue
yammering among themselves after seeing us standing right in front of them for
a good 10 minutes -- using up 10 minutes of our 30 minute hold time which
could well have been used to let our horses eat and drink and learn to 'kick
back' before going out again. >>

Karen,
   I have had the same things happen to me when I am riding in a 50 by other
50 milers... Are you sure this behavior was directed to you STRICTLY BECAUSE
were riding a lesser distance?  Why did you assume this was directed towards
you because you were riding LD? Perhaps  your comments should be directed to
"Rude Riders" in general and not add to the hostility between LD and 50
milers. There are rude riders in every distance and I don't think they
discriminate who they are rude to whether it be limited distance or 50/100
mile riders.
    I feel your comments about the attitudes of ride management and vets do
have merit but I think that unless the 50 mile riders comment/behavior to you
was directed to you because of the distance you were riding - it would be
better to assume these riders are just rude.
    Focus the discussion on better trail manners and etiquette for all
distances!  I am really getting sick of this percieved war between LD and
other distances.