Re: Electrolyte question

The amount of electrolytes you feed in one shot-dose depends on the
product strength.

Enduralytes and Ride Rite - are both quite concentrated- The recommened
does is 1.5 OZ ..that equates to approx 2- 35mm FILM cans. I load a
bunch up  put hem in the pack either on me on in the vet check supply
bucket. I dont pre mix.. beacuse the applesauce or carrot pumce  will go
bad. mymare LOVEs the carrot mix.. use baby food carrots--nice small
bottle and easy to pack   i use one per dose.

I also add PRO-BI. So I mix up the dose in a coffe cup and load up the
syringe then give to the horse just before we leave.

Perf and Win  is a bit weaker and you have to give 2 to 3 times as much.
Not sure I like trying to load that much into the horse..I DO mix a 1 oz
scoop in the beet pulp-oats mix.. and they all eat it.

On the trail I now use LYTE and NOW paste rather then carry the powder.
IT works just fine. I use 1/2 a single dose tube per my 'dose'   sort of
a pick up in-between the vet checks IF I feel she needs it.

Of course I DO NOT recommend the standard store bought el-cheapo
brands.. but no need to go back on the "rocks" soap box..its all in the
archives..
Feed water soluable electrolytes only.

rr