Perfect Endurance Team

I recently received a humorous post on the Perfect Couple.  Here is a
rewritten version -

THE PERFECT ENDURANCE TEAM
adapted by Linnea Skoglund

There was a perfect woman who found the perfect endurance horse.  He
was fleet of foot and beautiful to behold.  He was fiery of
temperament but cooperative of manner.  He was smooth of gait and
long of stride.  He was the perfect height and weight and had the
perfect amount of bone.  He could flourish on any food and
water regardless of nutrients, fats, proteins, electrolytes or
plant origin.  Together, the perfect woman and the perfect endurance
horse made the perfect endurance team.  They could top 10 and BC any
ride they chose.

One lovely spring day, the perfect endurance team was trotting out on
the trail when they chanced upon the Easter Bunny who sat dejectedly
in the trail.  "What is the matter, Easter Bunny?" asked the perfect
woman. "I lost all my Easter eggs back up the trail," moaned the
Easter Bunny, " and I am too tired to go back for them."  So the
perfect woman swept him up into her saddle (which, incidentally, fit
perfectly) and the trio headed down the trail.

Unfortunately, many miles down the trail, the perfect endurance team
and the Easter Bunny had a terrible accident.  Only one of them
survived.  Who was the survivor?  (Scroll down for the answer)

The Perfect Woman.
Everyone knows there isn't an Easter Bunny and there is no such
thing as the perfect endurance horse.

Linnea G. Skoglund, Ph.D.
Dept. Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management
Colorado State University
Ft. Collins, CO 80523
phone: 970-491-6950
fax:   970-491-3862