Re: Putting the horse 1st

REPLY TO 03/23/98 14:19 FROM ridecamp@endurance.net: Re: Putting the horse 1st

      Hats off to you and Moe!!!!!   THEY are the ones that will kill
their horses, not stopping for water and balls to the wall.  You just
hang in there Kathy, rememeber the story about the tortise and the hare.
Linda

Linda Eisele & Sareei and
hubby, Allen & LS Iceman
& the young LS Lakota
nevadaghostridr@webtv.net

---------
My biggest laugh (and feelings of dismay on this subject) were the
time my riding friend and I went to do a local Sheriff''s Posse
Poker ride.  Picture them-all Western saddles, big fat horses,
Western hats, Aussie black slickers.  Picture us-violent turquoise
and purple biothane tack, black spandex tights, helmets, you get the
picture.

DESPITE having permission from the ride organizer that we could ride
at our own pace and wait for the others at crossroads, one
controlling posse member grumbled that we rode "too fast" and that
HE had done endurance for years.

After riding about 2 1/2 hours in muggy wet weather, my friends and
I were delighted to run into some huge muddy puddles with probably
65 degree water.  Perfect!  All the water you could want, and not
chilled either.  As our horses waded in and slurped down gallons of
water, the know-it-all commented that HE would not let HIS horse
drink from puddles, after all, that was what caused the horses to
pee brown!

Karen

To:  ridecamp@endurance.net