Re: Putting the horse 1st

That reminds me of an encounter I had recently when I was out on a training
ride on Star. We were long-trotting down our favorite dirt road, with dogs
in tow, and when we crested the hill, we saw a cowgirl stopped dead in her
tracks on a nose-to-the-ground QH. The horse looked like he was sleeping.
She told me he was a 3 year old and a little nervous on the trail!!!!

Anyway, there she was in her NBHA (National Barrel Horse Assn) saddle. She
eyed us up and down and asked "Do you do some kind of competition?"

I don't know what gave us away. Was it the Arabian horse? The Australian
saddle? The bright blue tights or the Troxel helmet????

chris