educating pleasure riders

>>Cathy in MO  wrote:
>> I thought, next on the agenda is
>>ways to improve the pleasure riders but we can't do much about them,
can
>>we? Except infiltrate them and lure them into distance riding

I am a founding member of an educational horse group in central NY.  We
are affiliated with the NYS Horse Council.  We schedule monthly meetings
on general interest topics such as vaccination schedules, saddle fitting,
vaulting, etc.  Currently there are about 50 members.  Yes,  sometimes I
just want to be around folks who think the way I do and to whom a
strenuous afternoon ride does not mean 5 miles at the walk. I talk to
dressage clubs about conditioning, I talk to Arab Assns about saddle
fitting.   I talk to show people about allowing their horses to eat and
drink between classes.   The way I think about the time I put in is that
if I can contribute to the comfort of the horses by educating the riders
then I have done a good thing.

>>> I am not sure I want to join a saddle club tho. Maybe it could be
>>>worth it to promote our sport. More dues though.

THINK ABOUT IT, please.

Marie McRae
for the love of horses,  in upstate NY

the following ad appears despite my repeated objection

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]