to shoe or not

Hi,
Me again Jt from NV. Has anyone had experience with using only easy
boots for rides? I know easy boot stanely did. My horses go barefoot
after the last ride of the season usually the Comstock for me, and I
don't have shoes put on till just before the first ride of the season
usually in May for me. I ride all winter without shoes and my horses do
great. Of course I live in sandy country I wouldn't do it in rocks. I
think horses do better without shoes when possible. Any shoers out
there?