Re: magnets

Tivers wrote:

> In a message dated 98-03-21 21:51:43 EST, jtaylor@pyramid.net writes:
>
> << Has anyone used the nikken magnets on themselves or their horses?
>  what do you think do they work?
>   >>
> I bought some shoe inserts and didn't see any results, but a fellow sent me a
> magnetic halter for "worried" fillys and we had one at the race track. A
> weaver, cribber, jumps when a fly lands on her door. Simultaneously with the
> introduction of the magnetic bridle, she smoothed right out.
>
> I'm thinking of trying it on my wife.

I was almost going to put in my reply about magnets that the more
extreme the problem is, the more noticeable the results are that you'll
see. After the comment about the wife, maybe I'd better not put it
exactly that way!

I have severe muscle problems sometimes, trouble sleeping because of the
pain, and TMJ also. I noticed a huge difference (for the better) when I
tried sleeping on a Nikken magnetic pad. As soon as I can afford it,
there'll be one on my bed.
I use the smaller magnetics for various aches and pains. They do help.
When I had severe foot and ankle pain, I'd wear the shoe inserts, and
put the little magnets on my ankle, wrap the ankle (and magnets) in vet
wrap, and go to work. I stood on my feet all day, and with this
treatment, could make it through the work day. Without it, I'd be going
home at noon and going to bed.
After a nasty accident with a horse, I used the magnets on bad bruised
areas, and I think it helped them heal faster.
I've used magnets on myself and my horses routinely for injuries. I'm
always looking for natural, safe, non-invasive ways to take care of
myself and my animals. The magnets are definitely worth trying, in my
opinion.
Ruth