Re: Blue Mountain Gallop

In a message dated 98-03-22 14:24:39 EST, PATTISAM@aol.com writes:

<<
 Northeast riders - are you all as tired as I am  receiving  your Endurance
 news two to three weeks behind the rest of the country?    Let me know.

Sorry Patti, you get to read this twice because I am retyping it.  I told you
I was not good on computers.

As directors, we usually get our EN on time...but not always.  I am more
concerned with why your ride was not on the schedule.  When did you sanction
it?  The ride schedule to me is one of the most important things in the EN and
is frequently incorrect.  Lynn tells us that it take 10 hours to change the
ride schedule.  I am not really good at computers but it seems that it can't
possibly take that long.  Even I could ride a ride in 10 hours on Scarlett.
Becky's SASO II [the II stands for February] is listed in February and again
in August.  As ride secretary, I get requests for entries and have to call
people, often long distance, and tell them there really is no ride.  I can't
imagine how this could have happened.  We have put the four rides on for 9
years and they have always been January, February, March and April, hence the
names I, II, III and IV.  How hard can that be.

It recently took me two phone calls, two letters, one fax and 4 1/2 months to
get an AERC number for a new horse.  I finally got it on the phone the day
after the ride entry had to be sent in.  If you guys out there have similar
problems, don't just complaint to your friends and even the directors.  If you
want action, put it in writing.  As directors, we can only act on what we
get.....Maryben