Re: new generation

Just my .o2 worth.  After long deliberation we finally broke down and bought
a pony for the kids.  We had been warned lots about not buying a Shetland or
a Shetland mix.  We finally found a very small Arab (not registered) gelding
for them.  He is about 12 yrs old, and stands about 13.2.  We are so very
pleased with him.  He is gentle enough for the 7yr and 3 yr to ride together
out in my pasture (yes, with me right there watching and helping) and big
enough for my 11 yr. to ride and have fun with.  Also, he will have no
problem keeping up with me when I am out riding those miles trying to get
ready for this season.  In fact, he will probably out-walk me.  The best
thing is that now my children have an interest in riding and we can ride
together.  Just a thought-one of my friends bought a Shetland pony for her
youngest last year and she has already outgrown wanting to ride him and
wants her mother to buy her a bigger pony.

Good luck,

Carrie
Ogden, UT.

Ps:  Can you picture 5 kids all wanting to ride at the same time????