Re: Aussie saddles and E-Z ride stirrups

Lisa,  Congrats on your new saddle, and many happy rides!  A good quality
saddle Made in Australia, will always have the makers name on it, as they
are proud of their reputation.  A saddle made in India, is a copy, thus no
name.  Australian saddles are $1250. to $2000.
The Australian leather is New Zealand leather. They actually slaughter their
cows at a later age than we do, and then the leather is hot-stuffed; the
waxes and oils infused into the leather during the tumbling process.  The
result is superb world-class leather, so supple it just pours around your
horse like a fine piece of old cloth, yet tough. It's a bigger guage,
stronger leather, and all the edges are burnished. The saddles have a
lighter tree, of kevlar, or composite graphite, both of which are bullet
proof, and have warranties of 10 and 15 years.  The packing is tighter and
thicker, so it takes on the shape of the horse, and keeps its shape.  The
stitches are closer together, and the perfection of the leather over the
poley pads is beautiful, with the pads actually padded on the side of the
rider.  Often, the twist of the tree, will flatten out more, and you can get
5 tree sizes.  The billets are usually lined with roughout, and stitched all
around, 1/4" thick by 1" wide; beefy!  The seats are softer, with a softer
leather, often pulled taught across the seat,, so it's hollow behind the
leather, and when you sit in it, it is like a hammock, gives slightly.
These saddles are built to last 30 years, and show it.
     If you are interested, I have a webpage www.aa.net/AUSSIEPLACE/  click
on Ride Like the Man tells about the saddle's features in detail.    Thanks,
Judy