Re: Horse History

Marilyn,

I would be concerned that the horse you bought is NOT this Zhara
horse.  The new Equus has a great aarticle about buying/selling
horses.  Your case sounds like some of their examples.  Dealers are
know to use false Coggins papers.  Is this the only "paper" you have
on this horse?  If she turns out to be a good horse, I guess papers
won't matter.

In reading that Equus article, my thoughts were, thank goodness my
breed association is using blood typing.  So whenever I buy another
Paso Fino, I can blood type her and have a fairly good idea I have
the right horse.

In a breed like Arabs, where there are 90% grays <G>, how is this
dealt with, Ridecampers?

Linnea & Pesadilla

Linnea G. Skoglund, Ph.D.
Dept. Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management
Colorado State University
Ft. Collins, CO 80523
phone: 970-491-6950
fax:   970-491-3862