Re: EZ Boots

Angie,

The EZ boot company has a motto "carry an easyboot or have a sense of
humor" - Many people who don't use EZ boots routinely carry one in case
a horse throws a shoe.  Many people also use them over shoes to provide
extra sole protection instead of using permanent pads under the shoe.
Since you only use the boots when you need them the sole will stay
tougher than it would with pads.  I like to leave my horses barefoot
for a few months every winter and put on easyboots for the occasional
ride where shoes would be needed.  (I do most of my winter riding  on
field roads and stubble fields and maybe ride once or twice a month
where I need some hoof protection.)   If a horse is kept on rocky
ground then they probably don't need EZ boots or pads for rocky rides
but sometimes spring rain, snows, and such will not cooperate with keeping
the horses sole tough enough to ride over rocky trails w/o some
extra padding.

Teresa