Re: Easyboots over shoes

Easyboots are great over shoes instead of using pads!  Get ready for a
lot of questions and a horse with protected feet!

Karen Chaton is the expert and working on an F.A.Q. (someday,
right!<G>), but she taught me to wrap the entire foot in vetwrap,
including the bulbs of the heel and completely underneath the hoof.
This makes the job easier in removal, as well as protects the horse's
foot entirely.

I use just a little foam on the bottom to reinforce the EZ boot's
stability. It took a few times to get the right amount.  I'd prefer too
little than too much, as too much can be a REAL nightmare to get the
foot out.

For removal hints see archives for sure and/or bug Karen about those
FAQ's!!!  (like, she has nothing else to do!).

After dealing with stone bruises or abcesses, why take the chance?

Kimberly (&Mystery the Morab...)
Pt.Reyes, CA