Re: treatments for stifle problem?

In a message dated 98-03-18 11:25:46 EST, cyndi.craig@chron.com writes:

<< my first course of action would be to increase his suppling and
 strengthening exericises on that side..canter departs to the right,
 etc...but i had pretty much been doing this kind of stuff before and it
 didn't PREVENT this from happening...

 just looking for ideas on plan "B"...

 thanks

 cyndi craig and muscatyr >>

It's likely that you've got some inflamed ligaments to deal with here, perhaps
from too much work too soon. I would not be thinking about anatomic
reconstruction at this point. Instead, a reduced workload followed by a
rebuilding process that is progressively loaded--might want to try a modest
anti-inflammatory like MSM for a while.

This kind of thing happens in racehorses quite often and seldom requires much
more than an adjustment of the training regime.

ti