weight divisions discussion

Teddy,

 Well, I guess we are lucky in the mountain region,  ride managers will
usually announce the top three placings in each weight division and give
awards for 1st in division.  Top ten overall are not always announced -
most managers list all the BC presenters, but many around here will not
present for BC unless they feel they have a good shot at winning it.
(I personally love getting the extra information - so if I make the
top ten I make the vet do the full BC check unless I will hold up the
show. I was once both in the top ten and tail-ender and of course I did
not insist on waiting around an hour and getting a BC check on that one!)

Also around here there are not as many top level heavyweights and
middleweights as lightweights and featherweights -but when a there
is a top level person in each weight division you better not offer
long odds based on weight or you could lose your shirt!

I dont understand some of the weight discussion (do the FEC rides not
recognize weight divisions like AERC does?) or is this a regional issue
in that some regions do not announce the top few placings in each
weight division?  Perhaps some of you need to get involved in your
regional boards and lobby for the AERC standards?

Teresa