Re: LD miles, NOT FLUFF, and Endurance Thrills

In a message dated 98-03-14 02:39:12 EST, Merryben writes:

<< Do you think 100's are easier than 50's?  I was always told that and I
think that the 100's I have done have been easier in some ways.....Maybe it is
because the pace is slower and about my 50 mile pace so I always do better at
the 100s. >>

Although there is more challenge to completing 100's, I think they tend to
favor those of us that are patient and methodical.  They are more peaceful and
less stressful to me.  When one is attempting to move up a step from
completing 50's and is making the decision whether to increase the pace or
increase the mileage, I find it personally less difficult to increase the
mileage.  I have done both, and have come to really prefer the 100's...
Admittedly, though, I go about 90 miles an hour for hours on end in "real
life" in my practice this time of year, and so probably seek a different
feeling from the rides.  Can see where the "hot shoes" on the 50's may be
doing the same thing in reverse sometimes.

Heidi