Re: The definition of an endurance ride.

In a message dated 98-03-13 16:27:04 EST, Petdoc6@aol.com writes:

<<  Sounds
 to me like an arbritrary figure was picked and now it is etched in stone. >>

I already posted once on this subject, but hadn't read your question yet,
Carol.  Nope, I don't think it was arbitrary.  We used to sanction down to 25
miles for full points, and it drove the vets nuts, and left us sitting ducks
for the humane critics.  At the shorter distances, when they were run like
races, we had down horses, dead horses, etc.  Even with all the fancy new
technology, and the quantums of improved knowledge that we have now, there is
just a limited number of times one can get hands on the horses to evaluate.
No thanks.  Not this doc.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)