Re: NOT FLUFF

In a message dated 98-03-12 19:06:08 EST, jlong@mti.net writes:

<< Joe...when was the last time you took 3 daughters ON an endurance ride,
ages
 >10, 11 and 13 and got all of you through the ride without killing one of
them!

 >NOW THAT IS ENDURANCE  Just because we only rode 30 miles that day...

Maybe Joe has not sponsored three daughters, but he did sponsor Jerilynn Gray
for a few thousand miles.  I have done 8,000 [almost] miles and rarely go out
without at least one junior and sometimes as many as 5 at one time.  It really
is no big deal except for the fact that it takes forever to get six horses
through the same vet check all at once.  My juniors have been from 5 to 11
years old on their first rides and ranged from riding a pony to arabs to my
old 15.3 1/2 appy gelding, who took a lot of them on their first ride.
Juniors can follow a trail better than I can and I rarely get lost with a
junior in tow.  Unfortunately, they usually outgrow you and want to go faster.
Then I send them with Becky.