My first ride in a Aussie

Hi everyone,
My husband is going to go on his first LD ride
this spring. Since he has always liked the
western saddle the closest that he would come
to an endurance saddle was the Australian
stock saddle. Well, he was busy working so he
asked me to try out the saddle to see if it fit his
horse, since the people who we bought the saddle
from were giving us a couple of days to try it out.

Well of course that couple of days had to be the
two coldest days we have had this winter. But
with the temperature only hitting 0 degrees, I
bundled up and headed out. Now cinching up an
Australian saddle is a challenge. How do you guys
get them cinch up tight enough with tiring your self
out so much that you no longer have the energy to
ride your horse?

Well, after struggling to get the cinch tight enough, I
climb aboard and started down the road and I only
have one question, WHY WOULD ANYONE
WHO DOES TRAIL OR ENDURANCE EVER
WANT ANY OTHER SADDLE? The Aussie
saddle is the most comfortable and secure saddle I
have ever had the pleasure of riding. When I was
moving through the gaits I did not bounce around as
much because the saddle held me in. I felt more
balanced and I know I had a better seat, because
I was more balanced on the horse. I loved it and
so did my horse. I have ridden this horse since he
was three and he is 10 now and he has never been
lighter or freer moving. This is the horse that I have
been having such a hard time finding a saddle for.

Ok, I admit it, this saddle has not even toughed my
husband's horses back yet, and he is very worried
that he lost this saddle before he had a chance to
own it, so, I guess I am going to have to buy another
one for me. Because he has ridden the saddle and
has fallen in love with it to. And this guy is all cowboy.
Never thought he would ride in anything but a western
saddle. Looks like we are going to have some western
saddles for sale.

This saddle came from the Australian Stock Saddle Co.
Maybe the quality makes a difference too.

Lynette
"If corn oil is extracted from corn, where does baby oil come from?"