Quirt

Please fill me in here.  What the heck is a quirt?  To heck with guns,
sounds like this should be the weapon of choice on horseback if you're
afraid of bubbas in the bushes.

As for safety on the road, like others on ridecamp, a good ol' German
Shepherd is my choice (or any other dog capable of intimidation).

Since I'm on the dog/horse subject, every time I begin to mount my horse,
my Shepherd knows we're about to go for a ride, gets so darn excited that
she'll then continually take running leaps at my horse's nose, licking it
as she sails through the air, all the while whining loudly.  This continues
while we begin to walk on until I scream at her.  Funny thing is, it annoys
to me but not my horse.  I guess he feels that since it's "his" dog, it's
okay.  He also puts up with her licking his grain off his muzzles as he
eats..................cats and dogs living

Lori Sumrall
	"horses are like birds without wings"