Re: what kind of probiotics, yucca content of paragon biotin

In a message dated 98-03-11 00:39:57 EST, vanhove@unavco.ucar.edu writes:

<< The
 ad said it also contains yucca.  Is the amount of yucca enough to test?
 (I cant imagine it would be enough to have any real effect.)  If so, how
 many days in advance do I have to stop feeding it? >>

The yucca (which contains salicylates--relatives to aspirin) would most likely
"test" as technology is so outstanding that it can pick up tiny amounts.  You
are right that agents can be identified in far less than therapeutic amounts.

As to withdrawal times--they vary from horse to horse, and are longer when
agents are fed on a regular basis vs. administered in single doses.

Heidi Smith, DVM--Sagehill Arabians (Oregon)