Tailing

While we are on the subject of tailing  . . . my gelding tails great as long
as we are on a distinct trail he can follow.  I hold the reins off to the left
side, so steering to the left is not a problem.  But, steering to the right is
a total fiasco.   How do you teach them to turn when tailing and you aren't
following a distinct trail?

BTW - I thought men are our slaves -- what else would you use them for?