Cribbing

Hey, campers,

I'm posting this for a junior rider (3 day 100 miler) whose hundred mile
horse is also a cribber.  Please reply to her at:
"Speedelero"<Speedelero@aol.com> as she is not a Ridecamp subscriber.  If
your answer is of interest to Campers, please copy to camp?

My friend writes:
     My mom was reading a "Practical Horseman" magazine and found a letter
about cribbers.  It said," Adust his diet. Eliminate grain or feed as little
of it as possible (and never grain mixed with molasses---as little as five
hundred grams of sweet feed will increase cribbing seven fold within a
half-hour). "
     Mom wanted to know if you have heard any thing about this and if you
have any feeding tips on what we can give him so that he still has energy,
but isn't getting grain and molasses.  We have been trying to find such a
feed, but we're having trouble.

Thanks
Barbara