Attn So. CA Riders

Hi all-

As a Pacific Crest Trail Assoc. Trail Coordinator in Ca., I can tell you,
unequivocably (sp?), that our dear little El Nino has taken a BIG toll on
the PCT itself. In order to get a good idea of the extent of the damage, as
well as document areas that need major repairs, the Pacific Crest Trail
Assoc. is asking all trail users to volunteer to "scope" the trail. Because
it is a National Scenic Trail, federal disaster funds are available for
repair efforts. However, we need documentation of damage.

Any of you that live near the trail and would like to help in this effort,
please contact me at cbar@lightspeed.net. Because we are a nonprofit
organization, your expenses associated with this project are
tax-deductible, including mileage. Endurance riders are perfect for this
project because we can cover more miles than hikers or other equestrians.
Let's show everyone that we love and want to protect this great national
treasure. Thanks!

Carol Barrett (along with Rocky, the "Woolly Bully")
Tehachapi, CA