Best way to carry DEAD WEIGHT???

From: debbie
Email: mrwallet@key-net.net

Alot of people probably don't agree with me but I feel carrying dead weight on a
horse is detrimental to that horse. The
FEI has changed the rule for Eventers
and I really don't know why Endurance
horses should have to suffer.  That all said now comes the question. I need ideas from those of you who have had to add extra weight. Where is the best place to carry ten pounds that is the least detrimental to the horse and rider? I thought of remodeling a fishing vest and putting it on my upper body like armour? Anyone ever do it this way?

Debbie Z (NE)..and jousting could be my next horse sport...