horse weight

Yes, thank you thank you - I've been muttering this for years & hardly
anybody listens; there just aren't that many big horses out there I
guess.

Patty

Well, another factor is that the research has found that it takes the
same amount of energy to move a 900 lb horse plus 100 lb rider down the
trail as it does to move a 1000 lb horse with NO rider down the trail.
So when we're comparing a Fwt rider to a Hwt rider, you have to look at
the weight of the horse as well---maybe alot of Fwt riders on big horses
are entering rides as Fwt, but are actually using the same amount of
energy as the Mwt rider on a smaller horse.   Maybe (and this is just
idle chatter), the body weight of the horse should also be a factor in
BC judging.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]