Re: Teeth and tails

On Mon,  9 Mar 98 17:52:22 EST, "teddy" <teddy@viper.runningbear.com>
wrote:

>Teddy (only half-kidding)  Did I ever tell anyone about my first time tailing?
>1.) DON'T do it ON THE WAY HOME...
>2.) DON'T grab for the stirrup strap on an english saddle.
>3.) DON'T do it AT ALL, unless you are PREPARED to walk a LONG way if necessary...

I was once flagging some trail in Bankhead Forest by myself, with a
fairly new horse.  I decided it was time to teach him to tail.  Well,
he went from a walk to a trot to a canter, and once he reached the
speed where it was either let go or get dragged on my face, I let go.
I contemplated a long walk as I watched him canter around the next
bend in the trail.  Then I walked around the bend and there he was,
looking back with an expression of "Well, what happened to you?" on
his face.

Lesson learned.

--

Joe Long