Everything Under the Sun

This has been a very educational week for me.
Not only the guns (don't scream, and scroll down/delete - this is just in
passing!) because there's a upcoming seminar just for Women on firearm
handling and safety locally which I would never have paid any attention to
had it not been for the responses on the list. I don't have a gun (unless
you are stalking in my neighborhood, then YES I do) so this seems like a
good way to find out more information, see what other women use and
practice.

Rabies. I live on a farm, bury dead animals without thinking about it. My
vets coming out next week for the horse's Coggins and rabies shots. Better
safe then sorry.

Cribbing. Now I know what to do with all that extra rope in the barn!
Thanks Tony, my fences appreciate it.

Tapeworms... I have a mare who will get the triple dose of strongid. I have
tried everything with her too and read the posts to and from Tina with
great interest. I did remark to Tina, next topic I want to pursue on the
list is how to keep weight on skinny riders but after all the corn oil
advice I decided to drop it.

And Jerry, Joe and Susan, I have seen some lighter riders win BC because
the heavy riders in contention (on that particular ride) weren't balanced
on the ride (didn't help their horses out) and actually dropped their
horse's vet scores substantially. No matter the weight, I think the best
riders average the higher vet scores...just an opinion, don't shoot me. :-)

no TV (after Tom's witty remark about playing a dr on tv) so what kind of
big screen tv are you gonna get? I like his comments a lot. Learning with
levity. Same with Susan.

And finally Susan...Sooo, you weren't the perp that ripped off Vonita's
truck just for the AERC championship jacket she had in it, were you? And
remember, riders like you and me are the backbone of AERC - we support them
without payback...  I am not even going to bring up how many miles I have
to years in the sport but the '96 AERC yearbook is wrong - I have more then
that ... :-) Way more.

Everyone I know is at Okmulgee Cougar Prowl 50 (and other rides around the
world) - my cows started popping calves this morning so I am checking them,
appreciating the drizzle and thinking how lucky we all are to have ride
camp. Especially when they get back and tell us all about it...

Cathy