Quest vs Strongid

Dr. Heidi,
Is there any relation between Quest and Strongid?  Should it be avoided
too?  I've used a lot of ivermectin, but tried Quest the last time out.

Angie

>Yes.  I did not have a problem that I could tell while using it.
However, I have been using Quest since I last ran out of Strongid in
November.

On Sat, 7 Mar 1998 13:40:29 -0800 rides2far@juno.com (Angela C. McGhee)
writes:
>Did you see what Heidi said about Strongid?
>
>Angie
>>
>>Let me be a little more specific about Ben's ration.  He gets daily:
>>
>>2 large coffee cans of 10% protein Farmer Brown all-grain feed
>>1 large coffee can worth of dried beet pulp pellets (soaked before
>>feeding)
>>2 cups peanut oil
>>1 oz Vita-Key supplement
>>1/4 bale of Tift 44 coastal hay
>>no pasture
>>
>>The soaked beet pulp and grain are mixed thoroughly and then corn oil
>
>>and supplement added to it.  He
>>would not accept this much oil without the beet pulp.   The above is
>>divided equally between morning
>>and evening feedings.
>>
>>He's 16 years old this month.  At Biltmore where they had scales he
>>weighed 786, pre-ride and
>>723 afterwards.  That was the ride when he finished third of 73
>>starting the 50.  He was not skinny then but did not carry much body
>>fat.  Now, he is much heavier - but not sure how much.  However, he
>is
>>gaining body weight (not hay belly) slowly while being ridden on the
>>above ration.
>>
>>Maybe this will offer some suggestions to you.
>>
>>Dave Bennett
>>Ben Amil - "I don't MIND if I  *ONLY*  do 50's!"
>>Rocketeer - "Whaddaya mean,  Get ready for the long haul???"
>>Chickamauga, Georgia
>>email:   benamil@juno.com
>>--------- End forwarded message ----------

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]